Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Elitebook 1030 G2. It didn't come with a WWAN module but it has antennas. I installed WWAN module HP LT4120 which should be compatible. The laptop works perfectly fine without the module but as soon as the module is installed to its designated M.2 slot, the power button doesn't power the laptop on. If I remove the module the power button (and the laptop) works perfectly like before. I have done testing and narrowed it down that it is enough that the LT4120 module is installed, it doesn't matter whether the antennas are connected or not.

Could this be issue with UEFI settings or what could be cause for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

Chapter 3 has the two supported WLAN cards you can install, and they must have the HP part number, or they will not work.

HP It4132 LTE/HSPA+ 4G with GPS M.2 WWAN module    HP part # 845710-001

HP hs3210 WW HSPA+ without GPS WWAN module          HP part # 860726-001

The reason the lt4120 isn't working is because it is not listed as a supported model WWAN adapter, and the BIOS whitelist is rejecting it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

Chapter 3 has the two supported WLAN cards you can install, and they must have the HP part number, or they will not work.

HP It4132 LTE/HSPA+ 4G with GPS M.2 WWAN module    HP part # 845710-001

HP hs3210 WW HSPA+ without GPS WWAN module          HP part # 860726-001

The reason the lt4120 isn't working is because it is not listed as a supported model WWAN adapter, and the BIOS whitelist is rejecting it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.