Sam1781 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

11.6 Pavilion x360 Runnig Super Slow after Battery Died?

Pavillion x360 11.6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

So my battery died whilst on Standby overnight, so next morning I plugged it in and resumed to find an erro message saying Recyling Bin corrupted, tried clicking some ok boxes etc but nothing was happening, tried opening menus and other apps, nothing. It seemed locked up. I Cntrl Alt Deleted and got it to shut down. When I started back up it's running ultra slow now and I can't open folders off the desktop - Any ideas? Currently runnin Windows update which is taking forever trying to detect any issues - this is a brand new product too - 2 weeks old and not used it. Should I reformat and start again? Thanks

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1895
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

11.6 Pavilion x360 Runnig Super Slow after Battery Died?

Hi @Sam1781,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is your exact model of Pavilion x360? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that while you notebook was on standby, it ran out of power and shutdown. When you reconnected the AC power and resumed you found an error message saying the Recycling Bin is corrupted, Clicking OK on the message boxes but nothing happened. You then tried to open apps or menus but there was no change. You pressed CTRL,ALT +DEL and were able to shut it down. When you restarted it was very slow and you were unable to open folders off the desktop. You are currently running Windows updates but it is taking time. You have had the notebook less than two weeks.

If after the Windows updates complete the issue remains, I would first try a refresh. Here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). If you have not yet created recovery media, I suggest you do, as it could be needed in the future. If the issue remains after the reset, then I would do a full recovery back to the factory settings.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation