Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (631 Views)

11-n010dx won't trun on

11 -n010dx  wont turn on .. i press the power button and screen remains blank while caps lock button bilnks on and off.. it was working fine before.. no damage has been done to the machine....

i tried following hard reset steps but i cant seem to find any for this model.. i cannot remove the battery and holding power button for 8-10 seconds does not help either....

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 9 (608 Views)

Re: 11-n010dx won't trun on

Hi @JudahSee,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a dynamite location  to find answers and information!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that when you power on your notebook your screen remains blank and you see the Caps Lock blinking.

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot as a guide to follow.

Please reply back with results.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (569 Views)

i followed these steps from the get go and i had no results.. here are the symptoms with a little more detail.. 1. when power on screen remains black 2. caps lock led blink is constant 3. tested power supply with volt meter and it shows 19.64 volts and the power supply says 19.5 so thats good.. 4. removed and reseated ram 5. tried hard reset method with out removing battery... 6. opened shell and tired hard reset by disconnecting battery... 7. removed hard drive , put it into an external case, plugged it in to another computer and verified that the hard drive operated ok... i just don't get it.. i turned it off then it just never came back on since...
Retired
Message 4 of 9 (561 Views)

Hi @JudahSee,

Thank you for the update.

You stated that it is blinking 3 times .  According to the documentation 3 blinks indicates a memory problem. 

Here is a  link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) as a guide to test the ram.

Please keep me updated to the results.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 5 of 9 (544 Views)

i think you may have misunderstood, i never mentioned it blinking 3 times... the light blinks on and off no stop.. there error table states it is a power supply problem but i tested the power supply it provides the proper voltage...

thanks 

judah

Retired
Message 6 of 9 (538 Views)

Hi @JudahSee,

Thank you for your for clarifying  the number of blinks. You stated that this is an indication of the  power supply. Although you have tested yours and the results were good, have you tried using  a different power supply just for troubleshooting purposes.

If possible could  you try your power supply on a different computer.

HP Notebook PC-Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter

As you have tested all the other hardware and no issues were found, please contact HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please keep me updated to the results.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (533 Views)

i also forgot to mention .. with power supply connected ..  i press the power button the fan operates for about 3 seconds then dies.. then screen remains blank and nothing happens... 

I am going to try to find and use a different power supply when i get to it in a few hours but, i forgot to mention that last detail about the fan...

thanks

judah 

Retired
Message 8 of 9 (529 Views)

Hi @JudahSee

Thank you for that detail.

You may wish to check this link out also as it may help.

Troubleshootint an Overheating and Auto shutdown Issue

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Student
Message 9 of 9 (405 Views)

Have we had any resolution to this issue?  It seems many users are reporting the exact same thing, and none of these suggestions are working.

I now have the same model with the same issue.

Powers on and the fan runs for a few seconds, then stops.  No display, the caps lock key shows a single repeating blink.

I have replaced the battery, reseated the memory, plugged in an external display, tried all of the 'this never works but play along anyways' key combinations and resets....nothing.

Have any users found the issue?  It's apparent that HP support is going to link me pages that don't address the issue, so I'm hoping an end user has identified the failure.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation