Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Gaming 15-ec1085nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So while playing zombies on Call of Duty ColdWar, I notice that as soon as i complete a game for 10-15 minutes, my computer shows a bluescreen for a short second with the word locking on it, and then screen turns black and the computer turns off. I looked online and I see that this is a common problem and the solution that is posted is a rollback to firmware. I was wondering if I can get a rollback firmware file to try on my laptop so I can resolve this issue. I also truly hope you guys can run and emulate my problem on my specific laptop on the same firmware I have to see if you can update the firmware and release it for your customers so we can resolve this once and for all. I've been dealing with this issue since the release of the currently released firmware. 

So to paraphrase..
Can I get a link to a firmware file (rollback or a fix for my currently problem) download so I can resolve this for my HP Gaming15-ec1085nr laptop?
If not, can I use the same resolved file download a previous HP Support agent offered to a different customer with a different model hp gaming laptop on this forum board (link included below)?
What other laptops such as mine, have the same motherboard and which firmwares are compatible with my 15-ec1085nr laptop?

reference link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/RANDOM-SHUTDOWN-AFTER-BIOS-UPDATE/m-p/7761409#M33070

r2deepthrote
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@r2deeothrote, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating and Shut down while playing the game.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.