Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)

15-j051nr bios update, needed dump, black screen

Product Name: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr

Hello all, we got an black screen on HP ENVY 15-j051nr, everything looks like problem with bios, if we are trying to recover bios from USB flash drive win+b combination - there is caps lock 2 led blinks and computer still stuck in black screen. Maybe somebody knows solution of this ? I found on internet it is could be updated with flash drive, but need to be 01966.sig file, which could not be found... 

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (45 Views)

Re: 15-j051nr bios update, needed dump, black screen

@marketolog13

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

As I understand you have an issue with the BIOS and need assistance with recovering it,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you follow any HP Articles on recovering the BIOS?

Have you been looked for the BIOS file on the Official HP website for software & Downloads?

You haven't mentioned the OS currently installed on your PC, however, I've found your product description and needed to confirm if you currently have the Windows 8 (64-bit)?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should do:

To resolve a BIOS issue, install the latest BIOS for your computer. See Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers for more information.

Refer to one of the following links for information about restoring the BIOS on your computer:

There are two BIOS files available:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
Version: F.69 Rev.A

Or Version: F.56

Save the file on the USB drive or simply follow the instruction mentioned in the above article and that should help you recover the BIOS.

Keep me posted for further assistance Smiley Wink

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (21 Views)

Dear, thank You for reply,

We did it fully according to the manuals on HP website.

The problem is:

After we insert usb flash with bios we are pressing win+b, something starts but in 1 sec it stucks and we see only 2 led blinks of caps lock with big pause... and screen remains black...

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (10 Views)

@marketolog13

Thanks for the reply. 

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this. 

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation