Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 (15m-ds0011dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my first 2 months of ownership, my laptop has locked up twice, which I know sometimes happens.  But now, it has locked up 5 times in the last 3 days.  It has done this while in sleep mode and also when I'm actively using it. I've updated BIOS, AMD graphics driver, and it has the latest Windows update. Behaviour is usually a blank screen with no response from any input. I have to press and hold the power button to force a shutdown.  This laptop is only 2 months old. The only added software is Chrome and MS Office. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I can only say that I had the same problem with my laptop falling asleep while working, even when the sleep and hibernate function was turned off and the button was physically removed. It turned out that the problem was a worn-out battery.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, SpyV2. My problem may be a little different. It does it plugged in and on battery.  Also, today, it actually rebooted while in sleep mode.  As with previous lockups, the event viewer showed "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.