Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got a smart hardrive error saying im at risk of problums, i did the hard drive test and the failure id 9FLDUK-8T8A4U-MFPURA-60S403 came up but i have not the slightest idea what im supposed to do with this, i was told to contact support but all i was given was this forum page? idk i just wanna figure out what is wrong with my pc

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

With a S.M.A.R.T. drive failure warning, the software for the hard drive is indicating that the hard drive is near failure and you should expect that to happen soon.  If the PC is still working, you are in luck.  Make a complete backup of all data NOW, then replace the hard drive.  IMHO, make an image with a good cloning software, replace the hard drive and then install the image to the new drive.

Spec page indicates a 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-an000-laptop-pc/15551440/model/17106304/document/...

Now would be a possible good time to replace the hard drive with a SSD, made to fit in the hard drive space.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

from what i saw looking up stuff there was also something about jostleing the device causeing the problum, is there a chance something just got out of whack and i may not have to replace it? i dont know if i have the funds to be able to replace it at the moment

HP Recommended

Laptops are more prone to a hard knock or drop to possibly cause a hard drive problem but do not count on it going away.  At least do the backup or you will pay the price for your data being lost when the drive fails.

If you are unsure as to the SMART warning being legit, you are the one that will be paying the price when not heeding the warning if you do nothing.  Then, once it fails, you are done, but it is up to you.

Since you live in the USA, it is cheap to replace a 1TB drive, if you do it yourself.  <$100.00

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

thanks for the info, i already backed up the data i care about, so i dont think ill have to worry about it, and i do hope it was just a cable problum and not the drive itself

HP Recommended

Glad to be of service.  Have a good day

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.