Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook - 15-ae132tx (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have encounter the 3F0 Boot Device Not Found issue and tried to resolve it using the instructions MyHPSupport Help Page. As I am going to procedure 3, it seems that the Optane memory is not found in the system configuration tap. Wonder if you can help out with this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Here is the HP document for that error code

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc-touch/8502643/model/8960783/docume...

Is this the same as the one suggested by the MyHPSupport Help Page?

Please explain what the "procedure 3" is showing, if there is a difference from the one linked.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yup, that is the document that I am referring to. I pressed on the 'HP Consumer Notebook PCs, Boot Ddvice Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors' link here and run the resolution under procedure 3.

HP Recommended

OK.  It might be that your model does not have the Intel Optane memory installed. 

Did you do the Procedure 1: Run diagnostics to rule out other hard drive issues. ?

If no, then do that next to rule out a failed hard drive - which, BTW, is what the usual problem would be.

If the hard drive has failed then it needs to be replaced.  Then Windows and all other software that was installed needs to be reinstalled.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have completed it and it says that it passed the test. That is why i proceeded to the next option. But i do suspect that it is due to loose components in the laptop, not too sure about it though 

HP Recommended

That may be a good thing!!  If the hard drive has passed the F2 test, it might just need to get Windows working again.

I see from the spec page that laptop has a M.2 SSD and a 1TB hard drive.  When the F2 Diagnostics ran, did it tell about both?

I need to confirm that fact, however.  If both appeared to be OK, the error could mean that the boot loader has been corrupted or something has confused the start-up.

If both tested good, then confirm that no other devices are connected and there are no media cards in the card reader.

With that proven true, then we can proceed.

Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pickF9 from that popup menu.  See if the Windows loader is mentioned.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yup, I tried it once more and it says it passed for both the hard drive. And I try to press the F9 as you mentioned, it brings me to the Boot Manager and showed me two selections:

OS boot Manager (UEFI) - Windows boot Manager (LITEON L8H-256V2G-HP)

Boot From EFI File

Not sure what to do from here on.

HP Recommended

I would expect the "Windows boot Manager (LITEON L8H-256V2G-HP)" to be on the SSD which would be most likely.

However, the "OS boot Manager (UEFI)" could be the one.

So - choose one and press OK or enter, whatever is says to affirm your choice.  Then let it try to boot up.  It will not hurt anything to choose either one to see what happens.  It will either start up or not, then go back to that menu and choose the other if it does not start.

If neither will start the PC, then some additional work is needed.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.