Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 250 g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

laptop switched off by itself as it wasn't plugged in while I was using it it when I restarted it it showed me the boot device not found message so I clicked f2 did the memory test and it passed did the hard drive test and it passed when I opened the BIOS settings and went to system configuration there was an exclamation mark next to the network adaptor?

Have tried try taking out the battery and putting back in again but still not working

please advise how how I can start my laptop up again thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can't believe that the system configuration says that for Win 8 and above it should be disabled. 

That is a fundamental error. 

For GPT you need UEFI and for MBR you need Legacy.

And you have a 32-Bit system! So what do they smoke?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Sansue wrote:

went to system configuration there was an exclamation mark next to the network adaptor?

Upload a picture of that. Probably you just have to enable legacy again.

HP Recommended

Thanks but I'm running Windows 10 so need legacy OS to be disabled

HP Recommended

Sorry on Nexus tablet and don't know how to upload photos!

HP Recommended

Hi again

Followed your advice even though systems configuration it said legacy should be disabled for operating systems of Windows 8 and above! Enable legacy and lo and behold windows starting up again! Have to wait 2 hours with power on before I can login but from here or looks good so thanks so much Sue🌸

HP Recommended

I can't believe that the system configuration says that for Win 8 and above it should be disabled. 

That is a fundamental error. 

For GPT you need UEFI and for MBR you need Legacy.

And you have a 32-Bit system! So what do they smoke?

HP Recommended

Who knows! Just logged in no issues so have accepted solution .thanks again👍  what a day definitely time for a cocktail 🍹

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.