Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4530s

Hi everyone,

After looking through countless issues, I have hit a brick wall with this notebook. A friend gave me two of these notebooks about two years ago and my father stripped the one to get the other working. The stripped one then sat until yesterday without being powered on or anything like that. Me, deciding I need a laptop, try and get this thing running. Now I am a tech savvy person and I can strip and repair things in the dark and I thought this was going to be a simple procedure but man was I wrong.

What I have tried:

• Starting the notebook with and without the battery.
  • Tried the working battery from the other notebook.
  • Completely stripped and checked all connections.
  • Replaced CMOS battery.
  • Removed faulty keyboard and tried starting it again.
  • Removed HDD, WWAN and WLAN and again tried to start the notebook.
  • Removed all RAM Modules as well as put it back in either socket.
  • 8-Step Procedure (Found here to clear Caps.
  • Plugged AC into different socket.

None of the above worked

The Issue:

Right now, after doing everything I could, I am sitting with a notebook that does not turn on in any way. Once plugged into AC (With or without battery), the Power LED blinks white and orange (Once) and then the Power Button begins to blink until it turns off and the Power LED does it's thing again. 

I know that the board is obviously getting power because the Power LED is lighting up along with the Power Button LED. Another key thing is when the backplate had been removed, the notebook plugged into AC, the CPU fan would twitch when the notebook would try turn on. 

To replaced all the major components that would need to be fixed (Motherboard, RAM, Keyboard and Charger), I am looking at around $150, which I do not have and want to find out whether there could be any major cause or any fixes out there I could try. 

I was really looking forward to this notebook and now it is pretty much just dead...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.