Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just installed a new hard drive and all I'm getting is boot device not found I've done the diagnostic checks and they're all fine please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you reinstall the operating system?

Hard drives don't come with an operating system on them.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to find a way of putting windows 10 on it as it just comes up with boot device not found is there anyway I can use my mobile to do it thank you 

HP Recommended

Hi:

You are going to have to find another PC with W7 or newer on it and use the Media creation tool from the link below to create bootable installation media that you can use to install Windows on your new hard drive.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You will need an 8 GB USB flash drive to make the installation media.

HP Recommended

Ok thank you 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.