Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1243d -- drive always busy.

Sometimes when I shut down it says that the AMD:CCC-AEM Capturing Window is not responding.  I did a internet search and someone proposed downloading and running an AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool.  Is this the tool to use with my system?

operating system: Vista

Recently added a new printer (HP Deskjet 3052A)

Sometimes the drive does not seem as busy and a dialog box appears -- says that the "Host process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed."

I try to run the disk error-check and error box says that "windows can't check the disk while it's in use"

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
I recommend ensuring you have the newest drivers for your video card installed.

Let's verify that the catalyst control center (what AMD uses for video cards) is at fault.

Go to Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program.

Uninstall anything that references ATI Catalyst Control Center. May say AMD Catalyst Control Center instead. This can always be reinstalled later.

Once that is uninstalled, reboot if prompted. I recommend rebooting after any program is uninstalled to ensure anything that was in the registry is cleared.

Once the system is back up, shut it down to see if you get that message still.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.