tigerg14 Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Windows 10 Anniversary Build - Black Screen during Startup for many seconds

Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Build (1607) startup takes about 90 seconds to complete. There is a black screen that appears after the HP logo and the spinning circle appears. This black screen is shown for about 90 seconds before startup continues.

This problem occurred last year on this laptop when I initially installed Windows 10. It is definitely related to the fact that the machine has two video adapters. An AMD Radeon adapter and an Intel adapter. If I disable either adapter, it boots quickly. The problem with turning off either adapter is that the screen resolution is not correct. Circles look elliptical.

I found a better fix for this last year but I have forgotten what it was. So now startup has regressed to the former problem. Does anyone know what the fix is? Before the anniversary update, it was working with both cards enabled.

1) This is NOT a virus. So don't even go there.

2) I have used device manager to disable the adapters and  uninstall drivers. Windows 10 reinstalled drivers; no help

3) Used AMDs device detection app; it reported the latest driver was installed

4) Did a hard reset on the laptop

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2785 2657 144 330
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After Windows 10 Anniversary Build - Black Screen during Startup for many seconds

Hi @tigerg14,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that after the Windows 10 anniversary update, the startup time gets longer. I want to help you.

Below is a document may help:

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!

If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation