cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

After Windows Update, stuck on hp logo

HP Recommended
ZBook 17 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last night I ran a Windows update, when prompted I selected UPDATE AND SHUT DOWN. I let the update run its course, when it appeared to shut down I closed it. 
Now it gets stuck on hp logo screen during boot. 

I have tried:

-Diagnostics checks (hard drive check said NOT AVAILABLE)

-hard reset (battery removed)

-switching to UEFI NATIVE boot mode (without CSM)

-attempting time load HP recovery (via native BIOS) (gets stuck on “please wait” screen)

-update BIOS version via Hp.com (error connecting via Network BIOS Update, it is connected to a valid hard-line network)

-Network boot (Network not found)

I haven’t been able to find any way to boot in Safe Mode.  I am doubtful that this issue is the result of physical damage. Perhaps I closed the laptop too quickly after the reboot, resulting in corruption?

any/all help appreciated

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation