Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hey there i have pavilion g6 low perferomance , i try to replace to more strong cpu and after that the pc didnt show up and caps lock blink one time consciously each 5 sec. The fan work and i hear it

i am without battery only charger

i try to replace to the old cpu and fail   to show up again, 

try to get in and out the ram and still nothing , 

i open again to see and everything inside well . 

please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DOR16 

Don't know what research you did prior to replacing the CPU, but you can't just take one out and put in another, even if they have the same pinout.  There is the issue of what model CPUs the BIOS supports, and if yours does not support the one you inserted, the PC is not going to work no matter what you do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

ok but now i am with the orginal cpu and still it isnt work what i can do?

HP Recommended

@DOR16 

Wish I had good news for you -- but I dont!

If you swapped in a different CPU without first VERIFYING that the new CPU was supported by the BIOS version, you could have done some damage to the motherboard -- although more likely, that would have damaged the CPU, especially if the new one took less power than the old.

It's a major issue now because there are no consumer-level motherboard diagnostic tools and most repair places won't bother with that because they don't have the equipment to repair motherboards.

So, unless someone else comes up with something, you're stuck.  CPU hardware is NOT something you should be messing with if you are unwilling to do the research needed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.