Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slatebook 14 beat audio

I cant reset this laptop because the screen went black..it has the android os and i cant find any help with suport they are no help...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the user manual, chapter 9, starting on page 14 for how to factory reset your PC.

c04353764.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

So now the screen went black ...nothing pops up ..I can  connect the hdmi and see the pic on my TV buti can use the bios to reset it..the touch on the screen works as does the webcam but there's no picture on the screen ..I tried to reset by disconnecting all cables and pressing power button for 15seconds! Any idea how else I could do a reset ..thank I really appreciate any help

HP Recommended

So now the screen went black ...nothing pops up ..I can  connect the hdmi and see the pic on my TV buti can use the bios to reset it..the touch on the screen works as does the webcam but there's no picture on the screen ..I tried to reset by disconnecting all cables and pressing power button for 15seconds! Any idea how else I could do a reset ..thank I really appreciate any help

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I do not have any other suggestions except to read this section of the manual for how to factory reset the PC, if you have not done so already...

Starting up using the recovery menu

If your computer is unable to boot into the operating system, you can perform a system recovery by
directly accessing the Recovery menu.

1. Turn off your computer and plug in the AC adapter.

2. To boot into the Recovery menu, press and hold the volume down key and then press the power
button. Hold the volume down key until the HP logo is displayed.

3. Move the arrow up or arrow down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset, and then press enter
to confirm the selection.

4. Move the arrow up or arrow down key to highlight Yes — delete all user data, and then press
enter to confirm the selection.

5. Move the arrow up or arrow down key to highlight reboot system now, and then press enter to
confirm the selection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.