Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360

At startup I get a systems32\config\systemprofile message or error

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @JohnnyB69, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand during the startup you are getting an error systems32\config\systemprofile on the PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Are you able to access BIOS page on the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Try the steps recommended below to restore BIOS to default.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Some system files have been damaged or corrupted in some way. The system crash can occasionally occur while the computer is shutting down or during a Windows update.

Try restarting your computer a few times. Press Control + Alt + Delete 

Click Sign out 
At the sign in screen, click the power button, then click Restart. Do this a few times then try signing again. If the desktop still does not show up, then you will need to create a new local user account. 

Press Control + Shift + Esc 
Click File > Run new task 
Type: control userpasswords2 
Click Add 

Enter a user name 
Password, confirm it, create a hint 
Click Next 
Click Finish 

Click OK 

Sign into the new account. 
Open File Explorer on the Taskbar > This PC 
Open the drive where Windows is installed 
Open Users 
Look if your old account old is there with your files 

If they are, you can copy them over to the new account. 

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps the operating system files on the PC might have got corrupted.

Try performing a system reset on the PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system reset. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.