02-02-2011 09:34 PM
I have a Pavilion dv6 with AMD Turion II.
After a session of web surfing I shut down the computer. After Windows went through its shut down steps a screen popped up that said something like, A HP Net Bios update is available, would you like to update now?. I clicked yes.
Full Screen with HP logo: "HP Bios Update
The sytem BIOS is being updated. Do not shut down or remove power during the update. This will take a few minutes.
For more info go to: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup
downloaded and verified 512 blocks with progress now at 100%."
Its now an hour later and the fan is whirring away. I went to the techcenter and what was there did not match what I saw on my screen. What I saw was like an automatic microsoft update, not a dos like update on the techcenter website. I was given no prompts...
After an hour I tried esc key / hold down power button / control,alt delete...it keeps whirring away.
Any ideas? Assistance is appreciated
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)