Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-28-2023 02:55 AM
Hi guys. I want to update the BIOS on a laptop 14-al107nt. At the moment, version F. 48 is installed, the site indicates that there is a more recent version of F.56 Rev.A
With a standard installation on Windows, it is not possible to update "this Bios update is a blocked it is this device". Tried to update via bootable flash drive. It turned out that in the list of models in the BIOS folder there is no DMI of the 8214 motherboard. Has anyone encountered such a problem? How to update BIOS on F. 56?
05-30-2023 12:53 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are unable to update the BIOS, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My Notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
06-08-2023 09:22 AM
This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.
Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community