Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream - 11-ah006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to use an emulator but to run one smoothly I need to enable virtualisation on the bios.  The only problem is that the Bios is locked and I can't seem to get help where I am. I have tried many ways to unlock the bios such as backdoor passwords. Editing the bios firmware update and then installing that but nothing seems to work. I can't get a new motherboard or take out the cmos batteries as my laptop can't be unscrewed manually. I would really like some help on how I  can remove or change the BIOS password.  Any suggestions will bbe appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LekanAx 

When you say "unlock the BIOS" are you asking about (1) bypassing a BIOS password to get into the PC, or (2) getting into the Advanced Settings in the BIOS?

These are very different situations.

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@LekanAx 

When you say "unlock the BIOS" are you asking about (1) bypassing a BIOS password to get into the PC, or (2) getting into the Advanced Settings in the BIOS?

These are very different situations.

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

Getting into advanced settings

HP Recommended

@LekanAx 

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

HP intentionally locks out the advanced BIOS settings because it does not want customers messing with things that can destabilize or otherwise damage the PC. So, there is no information we can provide you on that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.