Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ40 310AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Okay, so I got the laptop from my aunt and she gave it to me broken, not booting up. So I wanna upgrade/downgrade the BIOS and probably will help with the issue. It booted yesterday, but it didn't today. I followed the instructions in this document at Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external device. I currently have a blank non-bootable USB, and whenever I extract the BIOS there, I get "Error IHIS! not support current BIOS" followed with "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash"

May anyone please help me to finally fix this devil. Any help would be appreciated.  :generic:

And yes, It is on Windows 10 Pro 32 bit. I did a fresh clean install of it yesterday.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @CryOceD

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your aunt gave you this notebook in a non working condition. You have installed Windows 10 and have gotten it to boot once.  When you attempted to recover the bios you received the message   "Does not support current BIOS" followed with "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash" 

Have you tried restoring the defaults  from the bios screen?  Have you made any change to the notebook, example change the hard drive?  As this computer was manufactured before Windows 10 was released , it is not likely to recognize  the  bios, as you are running Windows 10. You would need to return to the original operating system which  was Vista SP1.   Do you have recovery disks?( If not perhaps your aunt does)   I would also test for hardware failures. HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎.  Can you boot into safe mode?   HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

I will wait for your reply and the results from the troubleshooting.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.