1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update ISsue - ENVY Notebook

ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

It would appear that my BIOS update has stalled on the screen below...

2016-10-18 13_21_48-HP Support Assistant.png

I've gone to the drivers for my computer to download the newest version of BIOS for my computer.  When I download the files to a USB, the instruction manual indicated .exe file for install does not download. 

I'm stuck at this point in trying to find a way to give my computer the latest BIOS update.

Model: E1P05AV

[personal information removed]

BIOS Version: Insyde F.65, 11/20/2014

Processor: Intel Core i7

PLEASE SEND HELP!

Thanks!

Jake

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update ISsue - ENVY Notebook

Hi@JBGuy,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you attempted to update the BIOS, but it stuck on the installing screen.  You would like to know how to update the the BIOS.

First I would try restarting the notebook and then checking to see if the update did actually complete. Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS as a guide if it did not complete. Please keep me updated on your progress. 

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation