Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

ProBook 445 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish to update my BIOS, as I am facing some issues with Windows 10 login after the anniversary update. I downloaded the corresponding BIOS update, but when I run it, I cannot update it, as it tells me "This update is not compatible with this device".

I found the driver update (sp76953) by entering my exact product number, so I do not understand how it is incompatible.

7 REPLIES 7
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Dear Customer,

Please provide the current BIOS  Version on your PC.

For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
bukaopu Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Hi, I met the same problem, my current BIOS version is 'A.03.03', model spectre 13 ultrabook. Thx
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Hello,

This is the latest BIOS available for  HP Spectre 13-3000 Ultrabook model. I hope this is the model you are having. If no, then do not install BIOS update. Provide the exact model/product number

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-13-3000-ultrabook/5401166/swIte...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
bukaopu Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Thanks for replying, but I'm afraid this won't work, coz I come into this problem right when I install this driver, my exact model is 13-3010 ultrabook. BTW, as I searched, few bios ver. starts with letter A like my A.03.03, all F.xx, do you know what's this BIOS version?
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Hello,

Please see this  : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_172997_1

I wonder how you got this BIOS in your PC.

This should have been the right one : http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Spectre-13-Ultrabook/5401166/model/6421...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
bukaopu Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

And when I use usb flash to update, I found that this drive from hp.com creates BIOS update files for motherboard 1911, but my motherboard model is 1912 in BIOS
0 Kudos
bukaopu Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS Update issue

Can't thank you more!

Finally got the problem! But I just buy this second-hand PC, have no idea how this happened.

Is it possibe that this PC got its motherboard changed? but Hp support assistant can recongnized right model.

So I wonder if you can show me possible ways to restore it to the right BIOS?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation