Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi there!
My machine model is HP Elitebook 8470p
Serial # (removed content)

Product # C4N45UP#ABA

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

the machine was working fine and drivers fully updated.

i installed VMware workstation 12 and it told me that the host machine support virtualization but it needed to be turned on from BIOS.

so i went to BIOS settings and enabled virtualization options

note that there were multiple options i checked the first two and left the last two unchecked

then i saved the settings and restarted machine

since then it is in boot loop 😐

(the machine starts and stays for a few seconds at the hp logo screen also where it displays "press ESC TO ENTER BIOS............." and then the screen goes black for a few seconds and then restart)

also note that i am still able to enter BIOS settings

I would really appreciate your help and guidance please!

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.