Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-bc401la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-bc401la which is an entry Gaming product.

Got myself a 500GB Crucial P1 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD to speed things up.

I cloned the HDD to the SSD but it won't show in the BIOS but does appear in Windows Disk Management.

I have:

-Updated the latest BIOS

-Fully update Windows 10 via Windows Update

-Done updates on everything possible on HP's Support Assistant

-Cloned the HDD to the SSD using Acronis True Image and Macrium Reflect

-Switched to Legacy as I read in other posts across the web

However, nothing has fixed the SSD not being detected in the BIOS so I can boot W10 from there, again, does appear in W10 Disk Management. So I do not what to do to make it work.

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Echo,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the Legacy option didn't fixed the issue but my solution went this way:

Since the HDD cloned to the SSD did not worked as the BIOS didn't recognized the SSD I:

1- Logged into W10 manually selecting the SSD EFI in Boot Options (not from BIOS but from a black screen with white letters previous to BIOS User Interface)

2- Formatted the HDD and I expected the SSD will force boot the other W10.

3- Once I reboot, no OS was recognized, BUT, the SSD was now detected in the BIOS

4- As I couldn't log into W10 from the SSD, I created a USB W10 installation from another computer and installed it in the HDD (which was previously formatted as explained in bullet #2)

6- Logged into the HDD from the newly installed W10 and formatted the corrupted SSD.

7- Installed W10 from the USB in the SSD.

8-Once installed, logged into W10 from the SSD and formatted the HDD.

9-Reboot and it worked.

The downside is that I was not able to recover the cloned information, had to update from scratch.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Regards,

Fernando

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fernando9
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's try enabling the legacy boot options and check,
When the Startup Menu displays, press F10 to open the BIOS Setup. Use the right arrow key to choose the System Configuration menu, use the down arrow key to select Boot Options, then press Enter. Use the down arrow key to select Legacy Support and press Enter, select Disabled if it is enabled and press Enter.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the Legacy option didn't fixed the issue but my solution went this way:

Since the HDD cloned to the SSD did not worked as the BIOS didn't recognized the SSD I:

1- Logged into W10 manually selecting the SSD EFI in Boot Options (not from BIOS but from a black screen with white letters previous to BIOS User Interface)

2- Formatted the HDD and I expected the SSD will force boot the other W10.

3- Once I reboot, no OS was recognized, BUT, the SSD was now detected in the BIOS

4- As I couldn't log into W10 from the SSD, I created a USB W10 installation from another computer and installed it in the HDD (which was previously formatted as explained in bullet #2)

6- Logged into the HDD from the newly installed W10 and formatted the corrupted SSD.

7- Installed W10 from the USB in the SSD.

8-Once installed, logged into W10 from the SSD and formatted the HDD.

9-Reboot and it worked.

The downside is that I was not able to recover the cloned information, had to update from scratch.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Regards,

Fernando

HP Recommended

@Fernando9 That's awesome, this will definitely help others in the future, thanks for sharing the solution and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.