Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Z5D39EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lap top has been scammed by Microsoft scammers by phone call to family member whilst not around .  Unable to use USB or CD ROM? Admin BIOS PASSWORD not known. Following number is fr on Blocked screen   i 753935431 .   Note space.

Have used HP recovery  on BIOS to recover back ups and system image. Good news .  Win10 login password changed so planning a hard disk ggormsst and reinstall. They have added an x: partition by the looks of it. Thanks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.

The code I gave you unlocks the 8 digit BIOS password code you posted.

We can't help you get into windows if you don't know or can't reset the P/W.

The only way around that I know of would be to clean install W10 using the Media creation tool.

You could try a factory reset but I think that needs the Windows password to run as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...42902902

HP Recommended

Sorry to report  this number did not work .

Another code would be  welcome thanks

HP Recommended

Check the code again...

I missed the fact that you posted that it was 9 digits long.

It is only supposed to be 8 digits long, so the code program generated a code for the 1st 8 digits, which is why the unlock code didn't work.

HP Recommended

Sorry  the code is only 8  numbers long . Typo error by me. 

So I can   confirm    it is    75393543   thanks in advance  , read the closing bracket as a 1   !

HP Recommended

OK...

42902902 would still be the same code then if the last number is omitted.

Now, if that is a capital I in front of the code, then you need to enter this code instead...

HP Recommended

Sorry still not working . It's a little i  . I am entering the number in the Administrator PASSWORD box ,  I presume this is correct .

Thanks again . Perhaps I should consider renewing the BIOS  any way of doing this without USB support ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would enter the code where it asks for an adminstrative or power on password box.

I don't understand why the first code doesn't work for you.

It is definitely the right code with a small letter i in front of the disable code you posted.

I checked and triple checked it and it is ... 42902902

HP Recommended

Once again thanks but it again isn't working. The initial problem is at start up. The Win10 log in screen comes up and asks for a password where there was not one previously. A hint  comes up of  0935  and the Reset password option. I have tried using  A USB stick with password reset software on it. The laptop sees the men stick but an error message comes up saying wizard can't set password for this user account. So update BIOS is probably best solution. Thanks

HP Recommended

OK.

The code I gave you unlocks the 8 digit BIOS password code you posted.

We can't help you get into windows if you don't know or can't reset the P/W.

The only way around that I know of would be to clean install W10 using the Media creation tool.

You could try a factory reset but I think that needs the Windows password to run as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.