Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS password for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC and when I try to enter the BIOS to enable virtualization. it asks me for my adminstrator password, and I am 100% sure that I have never set a password for the BIOS. So, is there any password that can unlock the BIOS or anyway that I can reset the password for this the laptop.

I have already tryed " https://bios-pw.org/ " and it didn't work for me.

and after three trys it says "System Disabled" and a code that changes in the next three trys.

If you want me to indicate my serial number or anything that can help please tell me. 

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
49520 49492 9890 16843
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS password for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Hi,

Is your machine the one listed on the link below?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-p200-notebook-pc-series/7486459/model/7835202/ma...

If that's correct, it will be generating a hexadecimal halt code which is stored in ram as a 'one off' and will be re-calculated after a reboot.  This indicates you have one of the later AMI bios's and unfortunately none of the current code generators will work for this - surprisingly, you can still remove a power on password from the machine by removing the rtc cell ( leave the power board connected ) then hold down the power button for 60 seconds before re-inserting the rtc.

The bad news is that the rtc is on the 'wrong' side of the system board so will require quite a lot of disassembly - see Page 82 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation