11-11-2016 01:41 PM
I have bought a used Elitebook 8470p some time ago and have been running fine and never had the use for bios admin password , I dont know the password and cant get the hold of the person i bought the pc from now.
Is there some way for me to be able to get the password so i can upgrade my bios?
My serial: CNU2479HQ7
UUID : 59F788D3F33E211A7631E89BF0C60DE
Thanks in advance! :)
11-11-2016 01:49 PM
For that model you will need to contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)