Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to flash the BIOS I have Version F.07

I do not want to use drivercollection and mess up this Laptop

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what will happen if you run the update in safe mode.

It may work, it may not.

Just remember that if the update fails, your notebook won't work anymore.

You may also want to add one other safety step in there and that would be to run the driver in W7 compatibility mode while you are in safe mode.

How to Install Driver in Compatibility Mode in Windows 10 (tencomputer.com)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here are the info and exe file links for the last BIOS update that HP released for your notebook...

F.15

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48895.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48895.exe

You may need to use Internet Explorer to open the links.

One major warning...the BIOS update was written to be run in W7.

I have no idea what is going to happen if you run it in W10.

If you are concerned about wrecking your PC, I would encourage you to install W7 if you want to update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Wow Paul I never thought I would receive such a wonderful response but I took a shot in the dark & now I am gob smacked....

Thank you so much for taking time to help a stranger in this just in time world we now live in!

I am was running W7 but installed W10 home last Nov & had no issues till the 20H2 update ,then things  the

went down the john, I figured I had a Virus not Covid mind u, Malwarebytes found 3 issues & removed them but it did not improve the sluggish operation & then after more updates noaudio on the HDMI port, I was switching the volume from 100 to 0 & back to restore the audio back....

I don't think using a new F.07 BIOS will resolve the issues, I am crossing my fingers & holding my breath that BIOS F15 will resolve the issues with the latest updates....What do you say to loading F15 in safe mode to Flash the F7 to F15? I only have 3 GB  RAM so that is no helping either, Loaded up the Virtual Memory page & it is helping a lot.

Need to replace DDR to SSD. I have not used this laptop for 10 years so it is in brand new condition but on the Obsolete side of computing technology...

Let me know what U think of the method I was hoping to utilize & again thank you so much for reaching out to me

Rockets

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what will happen if you run the update in safe mode.

It may work, it may not.

Just remember that if the update fails, your notebook won't work anymore.

You may also want to add one other safety step in there and that would be to run the driver in W7 compatibility mode while you are in safe mode.

How to Install Driver in Compatibility Mode in Windows 10 (tencomputer.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul for the link to update my BIOS from F7 to F15. Not having any issues in Win 10 with new BIOS.

Can you advise what are the differences between the 2 BIOS?

Thanks again for your expertise & wisdom,BTW how many levels are there in you field is Level 21 the highest level one can attain?

Best Regards...

R  

HP Recommended

Anytime.  Glad to have been of assistance.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the differences were between the two revisions and those in-between.

The updates are cumulative though, meaning the lasest one has all of the BIOS update fixes and enhancements for all of the previous ones.

There are 25 levels one can attain on this forum.

I doubt I will ever get to that one.  LOL!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.