1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update killed my laptop

HP ProBook 470 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey,

After the I updated the BIOS of my laptop with HP support assistant, the computer is completely dead. Only the white light next to the power cable is blinking, when I connect the power cable. I hear no sound, no lights are seen on the keyboard, the screen is black, the fan is not working and also the optical disc drive is not opening.

I tried booting up my PC, following the instructions from: https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c02693833.

I tried to boot the computer with:

-first holding the power button over 30s when the computer was not plugged to power

- using BIOS on recovery USB

- holding win+B or win+V while pressing the power button for 2-3 seconds

- also tried booting with bios recovery on CD (optical disc drive was opened manually)

So far, there is no response. I would be grateful for any ideas what I can try to do next.

I am a common user with no additional diagnostic tools or other service equipment, so this will probably lead to expenses due to computer service, if it is even possible to restore the computer? The computer is out of warranty, but as the update was recommended by the HP support assistant, I kindly ask the HP support to give me further instructions and help me solve this problem.

best,

R

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation