Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

BIOS update screwed my machine up

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went to the software and drivers section to check for updates to my machine. I downloaded the BIOS update. I ran the install file on Windows. The machine restarted. The BIOS update was running. It was in the process of adding the updated BIOS. Out of nowhere the machine shut down. I tried to power on the machine and it would not hold power for more than three seconds. It did NOT POWER ON.

I went through the steps from the virtual agent to try and put the BIOS recovery file on a USB drive. I tried to power on the machine while holding the Windows key and B so that the USB drive would boot. Did not work.

Right now I do not know what the next steps are, but I am livid that a HP update may have potentially messed up my laptop...and that is putting it EXTREMELY lightly. I hope that there is a solution for this.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation