Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14s-DK1001AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have HP Notebook 14s-DK1001AX, system BIOS: F.53. The notebook came with HDD 1TB, I've installed Transcend SSD M.2 NVME 256GB and clone my OS to SSD successfully. But when I want to switch my boot sequence to SSD in BIOS, I cannot find the option SSD. There is only my HDD as boot options. 

Is there any solution, so that I can switch SSD as boot disk? 
Thank you very much.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mulxsr 

Try disconnecting the SSD and seeing if the PC will boot from the HDD.

Then try disconnecting the HDD and booting only from the SSD.

If the first fails but not the second, all you did was clone the OS to the SSD and that will not work -- as you need to clone the boot partition as well.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for you reply, initially I wanted a solution where I don't have to disconnect SSD or HDD (because it's very difficult to open HP 14s notebook bottom cover). 
However, I have found a solution to my problem. By using Transcend SSCScopeApp, I was successfully clone my OS from HDD to SSD. The app also automatically switch the boot sequence to SSD. 

The trade off was my HDD become undetected by Windows, so I have to wipe my HDD using command diskpart and loss some of my data stored in HDD. 😓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.