Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every single time I boot up my laptop, it goes to the bios screen, says initalizing, then just shuts off. It just keeps doing this over and over and if I let it continue to do this, it will just turn off and the caps lock will blink, 5 long times and 3 short times. Can someone help me out here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there, I actually ended up figuring this one out myself! All I had to do was take out the CMOS battery, then boot up my computer. The BIOS ended up loading and all seems to be working now. Thanks for trying to help though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@therealanceAlot

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting, and the caps lock light is blinking.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey there, I actually ended up figuring this one out myself! All I had to do was take out the CMOS battery, then boot up my computer. The BIOS ended up loading and all seems to be working now. Thanks for trying to help though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.