Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BOOT DEVICE FAILED

ENVY 13-D015TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

TWO MONTHS AGO MY NOTEBOOK WAS UPDATED, FROM THEN ON - WHEN THE NOTEBOOK ENTERS INTO SLEEP MODE & IF I TRY TO WAKE IT - AN ERROR OCCURS STATING "BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND PLEASE PRESS ENTER" AFTER WHICH MY NOTEBOOK RESTARTS. THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN IT GOES TO SLEEP - LATER I REPORTED TO HP SUPPORT. THEY INSTRUCTED ME TO UPDATE VARIOUS DRIVERS, EVEN INSTRUCTED TO RESTORE AT LAST THEY FOCTORY RESETTED MY NOTEBOOK. AFTER RESETTING MY NOTEBOOK, THEY SENT A LINK TO UPDATE BIOS DRIVER, BIOS GOT UPDATED - BUT MY NOTEBOOK WAS NOT GETTING INTO SLEEP MODE, EVEN AFTER CLOSING THE LID &THEY SENT ANOTHER LINK FOR GRAPHICS DRIVER, BUT STATED AN ERROR "THIS DRIVER IS NOT VALIDATED BY THE MANUFACTURER, CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER FOR CORRECT DRIVER TO INSTALL" & LINKS TO INTEL WEBSITE WHERE I DOWNLOADED ALL THE DRIVERS. NOW I'M FACING AN ERROR WHICH I HAVE TAKEN A SNAPSHOT & ATTACHED WITH THIS POST. PLEASE HELP ME TO OVERCOME THIS ISSUE.

NOTE: THEY PERFORMED HARDWARE COMPONENT TEST - WHICH GOT PASSED!!!!

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS CAUSING THIS ISSUE?????

IMG_20160917_174332.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BOOT DEVICE FAILED

Hi @Sara2016,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and Mor

I understand that on normal startup there is no issue, but when you try to wake it from sleep mode, you will get the error boot device not found. You contacted HP support and they advised you to update drivers to no avail. They then advised you to reset your notebook which you did but then it would not enter sleep mode. They then sent you drivers to update, but you received the message "this driver is not validated by the manufacturer, contact the manufacturer for correct driver to install" and linked to the Intel website, where you downloaded all the drivers.The HP Support Assistant  will aid with acquiring any recommended HP updates including drivers. Here are two links that I think may help with the sleep issue:

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)

HP Notebook PCs - Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected

You could also try turning off the fast startup option to see if that would help. How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10. Please let me know the outcome.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation