Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First is there a way to buy the recovery cd for windows 10? Two, is there a way to get to the long in screen to get my files. I have tried system recovery and it won't backup, therefore I will not run the recovery because I don't want to lose the files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TierraS 

No, you don't need Windows 10 product key. Since your machine is running Windows 10 now, it will automatically activate itself using the embedded key in BIOS after that, many times, all times UNLESS you tampered the BIOS.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TierraS wrote:

First is there a way to buy the recovery cd for windows 10? Two, is there a way to get to the long in screen to get my files. I have tried system recovery and it won't backup, therefore I will not run the recovery because I don't want to lose the files.

@TierraS 

That mean you can use Microsoft installation media from

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You have

(a) Download to tool to create installation media (USB, DVD or ISO file),

(b) Use media to install new Windows 10

Remember to keep all user data/files (by default, the process will keep for you BUT please check the tick)

The whole process may take (a) 40 mins and (b) 30 to 60 mins

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How do I get my windows 10 product key?I bought this computer in 2017. It says if you bought the computer from a store you need the product key. 

HP Recommended

@TierraS 

No, you don't need Windows 10 product key. Since your machine is running Windows 10 now, it will automatically activate itself using the embedded key in BIOS after that, many times, all times UNLESS you tampered the BIOS.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.