Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio Convertible 13t-ak000

I have an HP Spectre - the leather bound model - that is about 5 months out of warranty. It wasn’t used for several months. When it was put away, it worked perfectly. When I got it out, it turned on once, was turned off, and the next time I opened it, it would not come on. I’m getting the 5 & 3 blinking lights on the caps lock button, which apparently means the motherboard is bad. So what I have is a $1500 paperweight! I have seen many online forums discussing this happening to other HP Spectre laptops. Is there some sort of recall?? Is there anything I can do?? I have bought many HP computers over the years, but this one was a huge splurge for me. I am frustrated and disgusted and I can’t even get online customer support because I can’t access the battery compartment to provide them with the product number (because of the leather cover.)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ckmaples

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's regional Escalation Team

Please check your Inbox for more instructions

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I essentially have the same issue, my hp spectre x360 motherboard is shot because of overheating issues.. won't charge.. won't turn on, why is it so hard to get in contact with HP???

HP Recommended

I have a HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0077wm that is 6 months out of the year warranty with a bad mother board per computer shop that is trying to fix it. Computer shop says the mother board has a short somewhere and would need to be sent out for repair (399 dollars). I have always run the laptop on a surge protector and cant believe that the mother board would go bad after 18 months. I had a dell laptop for 14 yrs without one single problem. Very mad about this and trying to decide if I want to spend 399 to fix it. I only paid 850 for it so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.