Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Waqarpn Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery drains out while laptop is turned off or in sleep mode

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi i have HP 15 Notebook PC and i am facing problem since start that my battery drains out automatically while the PC is turned OFF or in sleep mode.. I have changed my settings and disabaled fast boot which has solved the problem to some extent but still when i use my laptop after  a day, I use to face the same problem.. same problem is very much pretinent once i turn off my PC in sleep mode.. then the battery last for only 4 to 6 hours .. Its very annoying while you are travelling and you turn off your PC with full battery and after 6 hours when you need your laptop and you find out battery is empty.. If i press power button even then no response from Laptop . I also think that may be battery is not draining out gradually , else i think it drains out all of a sudden due to some malfunchioning  

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13656 901 1541
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery drains out while laptop is turned off or in sleep mode

Hi @Waqarpn

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is draining even when the computer is turned off.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dKL1HT

Let me know how it works.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation