Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t-as100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All:

The PC I am using is HP ENVY 15t-as100 CTO, the battery of it is fixed in the machine.

What is the way to prolong the battery-life of this machine? Should I always connect 

the battery-charger       

-- Zhao 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@hz363 

Normally a life of a battery is depending on the number of charging cycles. More charges will shorten it life therefore only charge it when required.

Now back to your question, batteries and chargers for notebooks now are smarter, they know when to stop (100%) therefore you can keep charger on your machine 24/24; only remember: after removing machine from charger do not put it back until it runs down to, say 10%.

I did post my findings/testings within 2 years (we replace our machines after 2 years) for around 96 machines few years back. The situation was:

1. 60 machines were always ON and sitting on a room, people could come in to use machine anytime but won't allow to move machines to anywhere.
  2. 36 machines for staff members on my department to carry machines to home or anywhere to work.

At the end of 2 years, all 60 machines from (a) had better batteries.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Banhien:

Your reply indicates that you are very experienced of the PCs.

My PC is a family machine. Every night before going to bed, I turn off the PC and turn on next morning. And so

there are 2-way to use the bettery:

(1) The charger is always, 7/24, connected the machine and so the battery is always, day and night, 100% charged on the PC.

(2) Until it is charged to 100%, disconnect the charger and connect it again until it down to 10%.

Which one is better of the 2-way above?

What way will be the best?                                                   --  Zhao

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.