Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-f215dx
Yesterday, I spilled a little bit of coffee on my laptop. It got on a few keys but not a lot at all. It worked fine, then I didn't use it for a few hours. Went to go do some school work and it wouldn't turn on and hasn't turn on since. When the charger is plugged in, the light comes on and it charges but no other lights come on and the computer won't turn on. I tried a hard reset but that didn't work. I really don't want to lose everything on my computer, I need it for my classes. I took it to my colleges tech department and they cleaned it and said there didn't seem to be water damage to the motherboard so i'm not sure if he just missed it or if something else is the problem. SOS
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I'm right there with you, first: my envy m17 just restarted and began restoring itself. Then, it's giving me the "Recovery incomplete" error.
However - by pressing ctrl+alt+del and accessing task manager, I could run a new program from there, I opened the native Internet Explorer and could even download and install Chrome. I'd been on this support website since 2AM YESTERDAY, and ended up falling asleep, but, like you, I was drinking coffee. When I woke up, I guess I was exhausted and passed out, but coffee with creamer was spilt on me, my desk, and my computer! Interestingly, the screen was still on, everything was working, until it was powerered off to assess any damage.
So, following the documentation on my Notebooks product service guide, I carefully removed the interior assemblies methodically as I inspected for damage. There was some seepage, butnot too bad. I was able to carefully clean anything that had come into contact with the coffee with electronic contact cleaner, not water or windex or something like that. Then I reassembled it without any problem, and it looked perfect. But: while the LED glows orange next to the DC power input: it will not start!!!!

This wouldn't have even happened if the **bleep** laptop hadn't done this auto bios update almost every other post on here is about!!

I don't know what to do anymore. 😖
HP Recommended

Greetings @lyssdunn and @gryanharrelson

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is not booting and you are not getting any display. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to clean the computer. 

Do you hear anything from the computer when you power it ON?

I would recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options if the issue is caused due to a liquid spill. 

To rollback BIOS, follow the instructions mentioned in this article. (Hold Win + B on startup to restore BIOS.)

For other troubleshooting steps, click here

Keep me posted. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.