11-04-2019 10:51 AM
Please I want your support when the battery reaches 99% and the charger is still plugged it does not reach 100% until I replug the charger again and I am facing a problem that when the battery reaches 14 % and I plug the charger, the laptop lockout and the percentage decreases immediately to zero please help me and thank you.
11-06-2019 02:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's run the battery test:
- Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
- Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
- Turn on the computer.
- Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
- In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
- In the Power menu, select the battery test.
Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.
Let's uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers:
1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, expand Batteries.
3) Right-click on the ACPI Battery, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day
I am an HP Employee