Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw1005la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday the hp support software on my laptop suggested an update of Bios to F.47, "HP Notebook system Bios update (AMD Processors)".

The download was successful, and the bios was verified by the installer on windows 10, before restarting the Laptop.

The computer was always connected to the AC, and the process was smooth.

However, after some time, there was an error "Verification of flashed BIOS image failed".

After that, the PC keeps trying to "Recover BIOS", always finding that "Verification of flashed BIOS image failed" and keeps rebooting and doing the same cycle.

I called HP support, and we were on the phone for more than 1,5 hours, and in the end (after trying to rollback to the previous BIOS without success), they said to "wait for an email with instructions to send the laptop for service".

I hope this gets solved quickly.... but, it's awful that HP don't test something as critical as a BIOS update.

So, beware of BIOS update F.47 (and I read from previous posts, that this has also been an issue with F.45 and F.46).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update on this situation.

HP support picked up my computer on October 6, they checked the laptop and couldn't restore the BIOS.

The solution was to change the motherboard for a new one.

Today the laptop arrived at my house (excellent HP service, that was really fast), and the BIOS shows that the new motherboard was updated to BIOS F.47.

So be wary of Bios updates for these types of laptops as they can render your computer unusable and may require motherboard replacement (thankfully my laptop was still under warranty, what would have happened if that was not the case?)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have exactly same issue, I send to pc service. pls share if you want any solution.

HP Recommended

HI@SBG2021CO, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS  Pavilion 15-Cw1005la and it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Today I received instructions from HP. They are going to pick up the laptop and send it to your service center.

Praveenvb, your instruction cannot be executed currently, as the computer cannot "boot" the operating system; the first screen is "Updating your BIOS", then "Failed to verify flashed BIOS image" ... then it tries to recover the previous BIOS without success. Yesterday, with an HP representative, we used BIOS F.46 on a USB, but the result was another error.

This is not the first error reported with this type of BIOS update:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-15-Ryzen-BIOS-update-bricked-down...

Hope they can fix the laptop asap as this is really important to my work.

HP Recommended

Hi@SBG2021CO,

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Update on this situation.

HP support picked up my computer on October 6, they checked the laptop and couldn't restore the BIOS.

The solution was to change the motherboard for a new one.

Today the laptop arrived at my house (excellent HP service, that was really fast), and the BIOS shows that the new motherboard was updated to BIOS F.47.

So be wary of Bios updates for these types of laptops as they can render your computer unusable and may require motherboard replacement (thankfully my laptop was still under warranty, what would have happened if that was not the case?)

HP Recommended

Hi@SBG2021CO,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.