Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 1215sa dv6 Entertainment Centre Laptop , I had previously been using this over 5 years ago, I was at the time running Windows 7 pro alongside windows 10 pro, it was running ok but then I tried to install windows XP pro for an exercise project when it started the flashing lights which indicated I had corrupted the bios, I just want to try to see if it is possible to re-install the bios via a the method just now suggested by the HP Support but they did not to tell me that it is now impossible to download as a visit to the site informed me that this 1215sa is now unspported, and that this particular bios is not now available, I have tried to ask Support why they they had told to do this but that infuriating automatic messager is refusing or not possible to understand, This has really annoyed me, (I will not use the words I feel I need to use for this stupid method which is infuriating at the least, like banging your head against a brick wall!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the links to the info and exe to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

Since you are running W10 and the update was written to be run on Vista or W7 only, I have no idea what will happen if you decide to update the BIOS in W10. 

It may work fine, or it may turn your notebook into a paperweight.

If you can install a supported operating system to update the BIOS, I would strongly recommend that you do that.

Without further ado, here are the links...

Info:  F.18

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46500.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46500.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, No idea what to do, computer has no hard drive as now so impossible to install as no operating system  it have windows 7 pro disc , just thought of this after watching that uou tube video where a computer guy made this happen, had forgotten about this Hp, just thought to try this, this happened whilst I was running 2 operating system via a hard drive installed to dvd drive, it may be a waste of time but time is now no problem, can the bios be installed without any op system installed, thanks Dsve

HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the file is an exe file, I believe you have to have Windows installed in order to run the BIOS update.

HP Recommended

Hi, Just a wild thought, could I instal windows onto a external hard drive then instal this hard drive into the laptop, have you ever tried this or known it to happen, thanks Dave

HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe that you will need to install W7 on a 2.5" internal drive that you install in the notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.