Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 430 G5

I have a ProBook 430 G5 laptop and it is protected by a boot password. The password is requested every time you turn it on (see the picture). This screen is displayed for an unlimited time, even when working from a battery. Sometimes happens that I open the laptop and see that it shows this screen and it is very hot-although before that it was in sleep mode and was running on battery power (apparently the laptop reboots itself when updating windows). At the same time, the screen glowed even with the lid closed and when running on battery power. Also, several times it happened that I opened the laptop lid and saw that it does not turn on, because the battery is low (obviously due to the fact that this password entry screen was shown for a very long time).
Question: How to limit the time of the download password request if the user does not enter anything. I mean the timeout after which the laptop turns off if the password is not entered
Also a question: why lcd glowed at show the password entry screen if the lid is closed?

BIOS informationBIOS informationBIOS Power-on Autentication ScreenBIOS Power-on Autentication Screen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I ask community not about bypass password screen.

I wrote that this screen glowed and showed unlimited time and waste my battery (when lid is closed or open). I ask community my its knows some options thats possible to switch off laptop if this screen showed more then 5 minutes whitc no any input attempts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.