Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Notebook was working perfectly fine. I tried to update today’s recommended bios update from HP. Now my pc will not power up. The start light flashes, the drive light blinks and the lights go off. This repeats indefinitely. I have tried all the recommended tricks. Nothing works. No flashing. No beeps. Of course the warranty expired and I got daily offers to renew it as recently as today, then suddenly a bios update blows me up.  Thanks a lot HP. I feel scammed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update:

I was able to back out the bios update by pressing power/windows/B all at the same time. After a lengthy bios recovery process I am back. this tip was quickly mentioned in a youtube video I found and tried as my last attempt before trashing this pc.

I will no longer accept bios updates for this notebook. shame on HP for pushing updates that are fully incompatible and disabling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.