Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios update stuck, now laptop will not boot up!

Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I did updates as recommended by hp desktop. This then started to update the bios. It got to 32% and froze. Now the laptop will not boot up at all. Have tried Windows button and B with power button but nothing. Please help hp as these are your updates that have caused this! You also tell me I'm out of warranty by 2 days! Handy that eh?!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

well turn off the computer , unplug the power cord ,press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds , and then conenct the power cord back , hit the buttons windows and B at the same time , if that doesnt work , hold the windows button and then keep tapping the letter 'B' , the screen should light up if it works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok now what
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
121 121 4 13
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if that doesnt work , probably a hardware problem , u need to contact hp to get it fixed 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation