Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone

Am looking for solutions related to bit locker recovery key.I have never asked for this and now am stuck.I have checked my authorised email and it doesn't have any.

Appreciate your support.My laptop is idle from last 30 days.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kan131211 

Many newer HP laptops come with BitLocker already installed and enabled -- it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you "asked for".

Since you apparently did not use the Bitlocker Management function to export your key, the following is all you can try at this point:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key-in-windows-6b71ad27-...

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello WAWood

I have checked my account for recovery this is the message am getting.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.

Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for might be on their account.

Not finding the key you need still? "

Please guide what should be my next step as I have to turn on the laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.