09-02-2011 06:42 AM
I am currently runing a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 6GB RAM, 64-bit OS. I've had a number of issues with overheating, that I believe are caused by pet fur and so on getting in the fan, but my main concern at the moment is that I had some weird start-up issues this morning. When I turned my laptop on, it was not plugged into anything and should have run fine on battery power - I later checked to see how charged the battery was, and noted that it was at about 86%. However, before I could even get to the 'Starting Up' screen, the monitor went black/gray and simply wouldn't change. I tried hitting F4 incase it was an issue there, and after several moments of nothing, plugged the laptop in to go find my warranty information. At which point, it quickly started up. Anyone else had this problem before, and is there anything I should do to stop it from occurring again?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)