Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0030nr Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop started to hang after i used it for casual gaming, then after i forced shut down after a while, the laptop wont start but showing black screen and light indicator on.

according to HP Support the caps lock light indicates problems with my laptop, so i checked the code its a 5.3 code, but it only showed once, after the pause it keep showing 3.2 which is a different problem on my laptop.

i've tried almost all kind of trouble shooting on the hp support and nothing changes
My Laptop is not under warranty anymore so i cant help it but fix it myself.

is there any other way i can try to fix this problem?

or it could be my ram is having a problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rick0702 

The blinking codes indicate hardware failures and you generally can NOT fix these yourself except in the rare exception of memory stick failures -- because you can replace those.  The other hardware, CPU and GPU, are soldered to the system board and can not be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @WAWood

So i could try buying a new Memory Sticks and replace my old ones?

Also i was confused, the caps lock button trying to show me a 5.3 code, but it only showed once.

After one 5.3, the blink on the caps lock keep repeating a 3.2 code. The 5.3 means "The embedded controller times out waiting for the BIOS.", while the 3.2 means "The embedded controller times out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.".

The 5.3 is the worst cause that could happen, while the 3.2 i could just try reseat my memory stick, but i keep getting the same issue even after reseating it.

So maybe i should try buying a new memory sticks?

HP Recommended

@Rick0702 

Sorry, I did not phrase my response well enough to be clear.

The 3.2 code is primarily memory, but it can also mean a system board failure.

The 5.3 does mean a system board failure.

So basically, BOTH codes can mean a failed motherboard.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.