Vandy5540 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black Screen - BIOS update - UEFI Update

2000 Notebook PC - D1E90UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC that goes in a continue loop with a black screen.  The operating system does not load.  The fan works and the led power light is operational.  A current system check reveals the last bios update being F.20 and UEFI update being 4.3.3.3.  I downloaded the most current BIOS on  an USB drive and attempted the BIOS update.  The BIOS upgrade did not recognize the usb drive and I was unable to load the update.  I downloaded the most current UEFI firmware and want to know how to upload it.  Can anyone provide some assistance?  Thank you and have a great day.

3 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
607 38 67
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Try to reinstall OS
Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
0 Kudos
Vandy5540 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

I tried to reinstall the OS.  The system does not provide the boot option for USB/CD/DVD.  The secure boot option is disable.  Please provide some guidance.

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
607 38 67
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Are you able to access BIOS properly? If yes then try to reset BIOS settings otherwise I think it is hardware related issue you should have to contact hp service centre.
Good luck.
I hope this worked for you.
If it worked for you don't forget to Mark as Solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation