Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0005ds
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi everyone, 

I've watched and followed the HP recovery steps and even performed the BIOS Recovery twice and am still unable to boot up past the HP loading screen and then the blank back screen. I've even removed and reinstalled the battery and RAM. What should my next steps be?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Alexcjw4 

Take time and dive into this ...

Try the advanced bios reflash using a <prepared usb flash drive>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLPhdymPeo&ab_channel=thecollegepicker

- Use different types of usb flash drives ( 2.0 and 3.0 )

- Use different usb ports 

Please report your results

Hp Laptop No Display Caps Lock Blinking (FIXED) BIOS Reinstall with USB In this video we solve the HP Caps lock blinking twice problem with corrupt bios. Say Thanks With ETH - 0x1879E9E57B1142C4F9adcA8C113fA847fbd8EAa9 Say Thanks With BTC - 3CZ6PigURwNLkUxqYrPUR4bJSNRNqPgYVa ★ HP BIOS and DRIVERS
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. I've completed the steps in the video to complete the advanced BIOS using the USB method and still no luck. ☹️ Any more ideas?

Alex

HP Recommended

Hello @Alexcjw4 

I think your options are exhausted...

Sorry, but in your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- [Always recommended ] Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges must be renewed
- [Always recommended ] The function of the fan(s) must be checked

Short circuit test 

- ( if required ) Bios (chip) desolder, reflash, Bios (chip) solder in

- charger/battery test

- Components test

- General cleaning ...

--- HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support

--- HP warranty expired:

If you can't do that, you should have it <serviced> by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the quick reply. My HP warranty is expired so looks like I'll be heading to a professional. Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended

@Alexcjw4 wrote:

Thanks so much for the quick reply. My HP warranty is expired so looks like I'll be heading to a professional. Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome.

Keep me updated and come back so we can close the "case"

Good luck

HP Recommended

Hello @Alexcjw4 

Here you can get the service manual:

Forward this link to your technican:

Maintenance and Service Guide

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.